Tuesday

Crossfit Intro

How is everyone today? I had taken the summer off from blogging and most other things, but I am back and excited to talk about Barefoot shoes again as well as Crossfit.

The Last few weeks I have signed up and have been attending a Crossfit Box ( Crossfit Exertion ), I have been loving it and wanted to share my experience with you and this post will serve as a Crossfit overview.

Why I joined Crossfit?

I have been reading a lot about Crossfit over the last year, I had taken a big interest in Crossfit and watching the crossfit games on youtube. The biggest thing that stopped me from joining Crossfit prior was the "fear factor."  I was afraid of going to a Crossfit box (Gyms are called Boxes) and making a fool of myself having not done any olympic style lifting in the past.  This year there was a few things that made me take that step to join Crossfit, one was losing a foot pursuit at work that i felt I should have caught the guy and two, having a fellow officer get attacked at work and I questioned my fitness level and if I would have survived.

So I signed up.....

What is Crossfit ?

CrossFit, Inc. is a fitness company founded by Greg Glassman in 2000. CrossFit's exercise program is practiced by members of approximately 7,000 affiliated gyms, most of which are located in the United States, and by individuals who complete daily workouts posted on the company's website or workouts prescribed by a coach at a local affiliate.

crossfit photo


The CrossFit program is designed for universal scalability making it the perfect application for any committed individual regardless of experience. 

What to expect ?

The reason that I didn't join crossfit earlier is because I didn't know what to expect and I was afraid of the unknown. One great thing about Crossfit is that you don't sign up and are thrown into a normal class. Once I signed up I attended 4 onramp classes that had 4 people in them and you were taught all the crossfit movements you'd need by a personal trainer. One part that I loved since I started the normal classes is the support you recieve from the other more experienced members, you hear the saying " this is not a gym it's a community (Family) " I can see that as everyone is very helpful to the "new guy"


Can anyone do cossfit ? 

Yes, as mentioned before , Crossfit workouts can be tailored to the individual and as the person improves they can up their weight, as long as you always give  full effort you'll improve.


No comments:

Post a Comment