Wednesday

Rawesome Food Raided Over Raw Milk

The other day I was cruising a YouTube channel (Dara Dubinet) and came across a video about a Venice natural food market, Rawesome Foods, being raided August 3rd 2011 for selling “raw” or unpasteurized milk.

Police arrested James Stewart, the owner of Rawesome Foods, and two raw milk suppliers, Sharon Ann Palmer and Eugenie Bloch of Healthy Family Farms. A year long investigation lead to the arrests.

I found this amazing that there are laws prohibiting the sale of raw or unpasteurized milk for being unsafe to the public. I grew up having a great friend that owned a farm, when going to his house I'd always drink their milk that had just been hand squeezed from the cows. I'm alive, they are all alive......

Everything we do in life carries risk, people smoke, and drink but the government says they can't drink raw milk!

To me this seems like the big companies lobbying the California government to keep the little farms down. But you can apply for a permit that will allow you to sell raw milk, why the owner didn't I'm not sure, but this doesn't seem right.

What are your thoughts about this?

1 comment:

  1. Total bullshit! I grew up on the sweet stuff deemed as harmful "raw milk." This stuff is pure gold when you're in a rural area with limited resources and little access to a grocery store.

    I'm digging around Google trying to find a store like this that sells such a product and the Nanny State comes in with their Militant Monkeys in order to forbid a basic necessity.

    Jeez people! It's fookin' milk, not meth.

    ReplyDelete