About the Vibram Five Fingers KSOThe Vibram Website says:
|Featuring a thin, abrasion-resistant stretch nylon and breathable mesh upper that wraps your entire forefoot to "Keep Stuff Out." |
A single hook-and-loop closure helps secure the fit. A non-marking 3.5mm Vibram TC1 performance rubber sole is razor-siped for a sure grip, and a 2mm EVA insole enhances plating protection and comfort.
The rubber sole on the KSO is the standard, you will find it across other models such as the Classic, Flow and Sprint. I find the sole to be grippy and with the little cuts in the sole offers alittle more grip where needed. This sole is not as grippy as the new Komodo Sport sole but it is also thinner then the newer soles, so there's a trade off. And on that note the KSO sole is alittle thick then the Classic.
The KSO stands for "Keeps Stuff Out", which it does, I own a few pairs of Vibrams and the KSO is the best for getting those little pebbles out of your shoe while running or hiking.
The KSO uses a nylon strap to keep the shoe in place, if your coming from the Classic or Sprint it will take alittle time to get used to this new feeling. But I do find the shoe stays in place better.
Benefits of the KSO:
- Covered to keep stuff out of the shoe
- Has a new and improved look
- Before the Newer models hit the shelf this was the mulit-sport shoe that could do anything.
Things to Consider about the KSO:
- Your foot sweats alittle more in the KSO so the funk factor will increase quicker
- alittle harder to slip yout foot in, unlike the classic or Sprint
- The sole is alittle thicker then the Sprint or Classic, but not as thick as the Komodo Sport
Overall this is a great choice
KSO IS BEST FOR: Running, Light Trekking, Climbing/Bouldering, Fitness, After Sport, Water Sports, Yoga/Pilates & Travel