Sunday

Ashton Eaton breaks decathlon world record


ashton eaton world record
I am alittle behind with this news but maybe your head was in the sand like me.
Ashton Eaton set a decathlon world record at the U.S. Olympic trials on Saturday, riding the cheers of a thrilled home crowd to upstage a stellar cast of athletes. Past hero's like Jenner and O'Brien were on hand to see Eaton.
Eaton who is 24 years old set the world record with 9,039 points. The previous record was help by the Czech great Roman Sebrle. In order to win Eaton needed a time of 4 minutes, 16.37 seconds in the 1,500 to break record, He finished in 4:14.48.
“It’s like living an entire lifetime in two days,” Eaton told reporters after capturing the record on his own training track in Eugene, Oregon. “To do the best that I possibly could in my world makes me pretty happy.
”I really, really would never pick another event. The decathlon is the best.“
You can check out the video below ( sorry it's the only video I could find, not the best near the end )

No comments:

Post a Comment