#1 Cocoa-Banana-Buzz Smoothie
A recent Science Daily article reported that “athletes who ingested caffeine with carbohydrate had 66% more glycogen in their muscles four hours after finishing intense, glycogen-depleting exercise, compared to when they consumed carbohydrate alone.” More glycogen in your muscles means faster recovery and a better run the next day, so sign me up!
1 banana, sliced and frozen
3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
Splash of milk
2 tsp instant coffee (or 1 shot of espresso)
1 Tbs cocoa powder
1/2 Tbs agave nectar or honey
Add everything to the blender and mix until combined.
#2 Simple Banana Smoothie
This banana smoothie recipe is a particular favorite, because it tastes like a banana milkshake.Serve these banana smoothies for a refreshing afternoon snack or light dessert, too.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 large bananas
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 cup ice
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup low-fat banana yogurt
- cinnamon for garnish
- Place bananas, pineapple and ice in a Vita Mix Blender, regular blender or the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- Pour pineapple juice over the fruit and ice. Top with the yogurt.
- Cover and puree until smooth.
- Garnish with cinnamon.