Monday

Adidas Adizero Crazy Lights

Barefoot Shoe or Not?.......NOT!

Lightweight minimalistic footwear is all the rage right now. "Experts" are saying it will die once a few people break their feet because they're trying to pretend that playing sports barefoot is a good idea.

What do you think? Well I'll say that playing Hockey barefooted is not a good idea, your feet may get cut and you'll be slow...lol

While debate rages over the pros and cons of barefoot running, Adidas has been bringing lightweight, barely-there shoes to other sports. During last year's World Cup, it introduced the F50 Adizero, which it called the lightest soccer shoe in the world. And now that it's NBA playoffs time, Adidas has Adizero basketball shoes.

They're called the Adizero Crazy Lights, and while that name might suggest a pair of flashing LEDs on the soles, the "light" in this case is referring to weight. The shoes weigh just 9.8 ounces a piece.You'll see them on the feet of prominent players like Derick Rose now that the playoffs are underway. I assume that bright blue color scheme is for the Orlando Magic, but I'm not really sure.

Adidas says its shoe is a close to two ounces lighter than the nearest competitor--meaning most companies are talking pounds while Adidas is talking ounces. Despite the minimalistic build, the shoes supposedly have enough cushioning for big, brash dunks and enough traction and support for on-the-dime maneuvers. The mesh uppers provide enhanced breathability.

Want a pair? Non-superstar mortals will have to wait until June 3

To Sun this up, even tho Adidas wants you to think this is a Minimalist shoe it may be because it's light, but with the padded sole and raised heel it's not a barefoot shoe.... Next

I must say I have played Basketball in my Vibram Five Fingers and I loved it, I think the shoes distracted my opponents so I could blow by them ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment